Here’s what’s caught my eye recently …
Clockwise, from top left:
- Amazing underwater photography of a tornado of fish by American photographer Octavio Aburto.
- Bizarre story about a woman on holiday in Iceland who inadvertantly joined a search party that was looking for her. Yep, true. [First seen at The Thousands]
- Edible food wrapping. created by a professor of bio-medical engineering at Harvard. Called Wikipearl, the wrapping is held together by calcium ions and can include particles of chocolate, nuts and seeds. Better than eating plastic.
- Stunning photographs depicting the life of an Alaskan sled-racing dog by Jeff Shultz, who has been the official photographer of Alaska’s Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race since 1992. He’s now turning the pictures into a book via Kickstarter.
- Kinfolk’s beautiful short film series called Saturdays, to inspire you to do different things on the weekend. [First seen at Fancy]
What interesting stuff are you up to this weekend?