It’s an unusual mix of things which caught my eye this week …
- Russian-born, New York trained, Berlin resident Polna Soloveichik creates amazing murals like this one on the outside of a massive apartment block in Berlin. She also does beautiful murals for private residences. See her work here.
- You’ve got to love Rowen Atkinson and his Mr Bean and Black Adder characters! And now you’ve got to love caricature artist Rodney Pike who’s taken these characters and put them into the faces of the subjects of some of the most famous Old Master paintings from the likes of Rembrandt van Rijn and Holbein the Younger. Hilarious! See more at Bored Panda.
- Can you believe this is not a real rose? Can you also believe it’s made from disposable cone coffee filters? Learn how to make one via Martha Stewart and her homemaker doyennes.
- How come I’ve never done this before? I love making chocolate brownies and dusting them with icing sugar but using leaves as sugar-stencils takes them to another level, wouldn’t you agree? Found on Pinterest.
- A super ingenious idea to get the most out of your flower pot: the Voltasol is a handmade terracotta flowerpot that rolls to face the direction of the sun. Created by Barcelona-based industrial design company, Studio BAG Disseny, the pot design helps plants ‘follow the path of the sun, to sway in a breeze or grow at will’. First seen at Lost at E Minor.